The Recent German Federal Constitutional Court’s Ruling in the BVerfG Judgment of 5 May 2020 – 18 June 2020
The video for this event is available here: https://youtu.be/mhvUulwT4fM
The first seminar in the ICEL’s Covid 19 and EU Law seminar series will address “The Recent German Federal Constitutional Court’s Ruling in the BVerfG Judgment of 5 May 2020.” The seminar will explore the German Federal Constitutional Court’s competences and the implications of the ruling for monetary policy making and the CJEU’s mandate. The seminar will take place from 1 pm – 2pm on 18 June 2020 and will be held online.
The speakers at the seminar will be:
- Professor Blanaid Clarke (Chair), McCann Fitzgerald Chair of Corporate Law, Trinity College Dublin.
- Professor Gavin Barrett, Jean Monnet Professor of European Economic and Constitutional Law, University College Dublin.
- Professor David Fennelly, Assistant Professor of Law, Trinity College Dublin
- Professor George Ringe, Director of the Institute of Law and Economics, University of Hamburg.
- Professor Brigin Laffan, Director of the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, European University Institute
Attendance at this event is FREE OF CHARGE. Those in attendance will also be offered a year’s membership of ICEL at the significantly discounted rate of €120. To register for this event, please follow the link below:
There are 2 CPD points available for attending this event.
This event is organised in conjunction with the Corporate Law, Governance and Capital Markets Research Group and the Trinity Centre for Constitutional Law and Governance, both based at the Law School, Trinity College Dublin.
It is the first of three seminars in the series. The second seminar will examine the competition law, state aid, and public procurement issues arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, while the third will consider the data protection issues arising from the pandemic. Further information and sign-up details for these later events will be circulated shortly.Links to register for these events are available here: https://www.tcd.ie/law/news-events/covidseries.php.