Privacy and Data Protection Law Conference – 23 May 2019
The ICEL is delighted to hold the 5th annual Data Protection Conference, just one year after the entry into force of the GDPR. A leading group of Irish and European experts will discuss a variety of topics on the GDPR and data protection in general.
The conference will take place from 9.30 am until 5 pm in the Spencer Hotel, Excise Walk, IFSC, Dublin 1.
The titles of the paper to be delivered at the conference include:
- Co-operation and Consistency at the European Data Protection Board – One Year In
- Third Party Processing
- Lessons Learned – Privacy from the Inside
- Won’t Somebody Please Think of the Children? Data Protection, Children, and the Digital Age of Consent
- Data Protection in Schools
- Data Protection, the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights, and the ECHR
- Damages for Non-Material Damage Under the GDPR
Confirmed speakers for the conference include:
- Dr Denis Kelleher of LinkedIn
- Professor Catherine Donnelly BL, Trinity College Dublin, the Law Library, and Blackstone Chambers
- Dr Claire Hogan BL, Law Library
- Professor Eoin O’Dell, Trinity College Dublin
- Deirdre Crowley , Crowley Solicitors
- Cormac Murphy, Crowley Solicitors
- AnnaMorgan of the Irish Data Protection Commission
- Dr Stephen Brittain BL, Law Library and ICEL
The conference programme is available here: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5de36c72586a3bafc2af1b24b/files/2aac284d-1dc7-47a1-87c9-82d091c2591a/Privacy_and_Data_Protection_Law_Conference_Programme_Final.02.pdf
Tickets for this conference are available here:
Please note that the Spencer Hotel is located within a short walk from Grand Canal Dock, a convenient distant from many law firms, and easily accessible on the Luas Red Line from the Criminal Courts of Justice, Blackhall Place, and the Four Courts.
5.5 CPD Points (Barristers) 3.5 General & 2 Management CPD Points (Solicitors)